Servicing & Repairs
Gears grinding your teeth? Punctures perplexing you? Let us get you riding again!
We have two fully equipped workshops at our base in Arbroath and a team of Velotech qualified mechanics to ensure your bicycle is in good hands! We are also a recognised Scottish Qualifications Authority provider of SCQF and National 3 and 4 qualifications in Bicycle Maintenance ensuring we can train volunteers in house to nationally recognised standards!
FREE BIKE SERVICING FOR KEY WORKERS DURING COVID 19
We are committed to supporting NHS, local authority, emergency, police and armed forces key workers in the Dundee and Angus regions during this time and will be offering FREE bike servicing and repairs courtesy of a grant from Cycling UK and Cycling Scotland. Please call 01241 873500 for more information or click the button below to book. Terms and conditions apply, valid proof of key worker status required to redeem offer and applicants must agree to a follow up survey conducted by Cycling UK. This is on a first come first served basis. Limited time offer and we withhold the right to withdarw this service at any time, or when funding runs out.
Bronze Bike Service - £30*
Our fully trained mechanics can fully check your brakes and gears as part of our bronze bike service. Your bronze bike service will include:
- Safety check of the bike and any issues noted
- Checking and adjusting your bike brakes (note that hydraulic brakes may incurr an extra charge)
- Checking and adjusting your bike gears
- Inflating tyres to correct pressures
Silver Bike Service - £50*
Our fully trained mechanics can provide a comprehensive check over and component adjustment as part as a 31 point silver bike service. Your silver bike service will include:
- Checking frame and other core components for wear and damage.
- Checking wheels are true and hubs, spokes,rims and tyres for damage.
- Alignment of brakes and checking operation and effectiveness
- Lubricating chain and checking for wear.
- Inspecting brake pads for wear and damage.
- Setting gear stops and adjustment of indexing.
- Checking front chainrings, rear freewheel/cassette for wear.
- Inspecting bottom bracket for play and adjustment.
- Checking alignment and wear of front and rear gear mechanisms.
- Checking bearings, crank bolts and pedals for wear and damage.
- Full valet of bike using MucOff products
Gold bike service £80*
Includes all the work carried out in a Silver Service plus:
- Frame threads checked and cleaned, frame and disc mounts faced if required.
- Remove and inspect wheels for damage to hubs, bearings, spokes, rims and tyres.
- Remove both axles, degrease and inspect bearings.
- Remove cassette and inspect freehub (if fitted) for signs of wear.
- Lubricate and rebuild both wheel bearing assemblies.
Chains and Gears
- Inspect bottom brackets; if loose type strip clean, lube and adjust/if sealed type and play is present replace at cost.
- Headset removed, cleaned, re-greased if applicable, refitted and checked for movement
Our mechanics can carry out comprehensive repair work to your broken bike. Repairs are priced individually, please call the shop on 01241 873500 for advice or click the button below to book your bike in and a member of our team will get back in contact.